Making a liner lock folding knife
1 week (35 hours)
Level : Beginner
Public : Anyone wishing to learn the basics of cutlery forging.
The trainee will then be able to do the following:
- Prepare the kit to make the Damascus
- Manufacture the Damascus forged blade. Annealing.
- Rectify the blade.
- Drilling the holes and threads.
- Thermal treatment (tempering).
- Making the plates, the handle, and the bolsters..
- Thermal treatment (hardening, tempering)
- Polishing of the blade following thermal treatment.
- Choice of wood for the handle.
- Assembly, disassembly, reassembly, preparation of the handle.
- Sanding and polishing. Revelation through ferric chloride.
- Passage of the pushbutton.
- Knife finishing.
Bonus : Summary of the training on the various forging techniques for folding knives.
The training is taking place at my home in the town of Vénissieux (69 Rhône).
Can accommodate up to four trainees
It takes place over five days (7 hours per day) from Monday morning to Friday afternoon.